There has been a Baptist community in Galashiels for over 200 years with the first meetings taking place in 1782
Originally there were two fellowships within the town with one meeting in Stirling Street and the other in Bridge Place. The existing building in Victoria Street was built in 1882 when the the Bridge Place Hall became too small for that congregation.
It was in 1972 when the two congregations decided to amalgamate and four years later the Victoria Street building was chosen as the main sanctuary.
We currently have a service every Sunday at 10:30am where we worship God with contemporary songs and traditional hymns along with a message from the Bible. We welcome families to the service and have separate activities for children and young people including a creche for preschool children.
During the week we have a variety of Christian and community activities for local people of all ages.